What is a Gable Roof?
Gable sheds are a popular choice, as they provide simple and economical storage solutions. Gable style roofs consist of a single sloping plane of the same pitch on each side of the ridge. This simple roof design compliments almost any style home. If your garage has become a “catch all”, a gable shed will be the perfect affordable storage solution. Check out the other benefits of gable roofs below.
What uses does a Gable Roof have?
- Four-way slope makes it more stable than other roof types. Especially important if in a high wind area
- Allows water and snow to runoff sides
- More ventilation opportunities at peak
More Head Space
- Allows for higher side walls which results in more vertical storage for long-handled tools
- Ideal to add attics in peak and allows great ventilation opportunities at peak
Simplified Construction Means Faster Build Times
- Due to its simple construction, most installers can build gable roofs in much less time than other roof styles
Standard roof type matches most homes
- Most building inspectors and/or HOA accept gable roof designs
Easily Add Accessories
- Skylight: lets in natural light without taking up wall space. A must have for the DIY-er.
- Windows: windows let in natural light in and fresh air when you need it. They also make your shed feel like home
- Vents: Circulates fresh air inside, reduces condensation & heat and evaporation of hazardous vapors
- Shelves: keep tools, collectibles and equipment off the floor
- Workbench: perfect spot to complete woodworking projects and other hobbies
*Additional charge will apply for deliveries beyond 50 miles from a local distribution center