I am certain that there are more than 10 good reasons to buy a shed, but here are some of the best ones. If you’re thinking of buying a shed, put it off no longer. Christmas is a’comin’, look at it like an early gift.
Ten Reasons to Buy a Shed
1. Storage, storage, storage. Ever get tired of looking at boxes in your closet? I know I do. Get all those old Christmas decorations out of your hall closet and into a proper storage shed.
2. Kids will leave you alone. Seriously, kids will take your shed and make it into a playhouse no matter if you want them to or not. But the best thing you’ll get out of it is some quiet time while they’re outside messing up your storage unit, you can sit back with a book or a make a meal without hearing them scream!
3. Hobbies. Buying a shed will force you to take up those hobbies you always say you want to do, but say you don’t have the time, or the place to store your hobby materials. Eliminate one excuse and block off some time on your schedule to relax and enjoy your life!
4. Safety. Think of all those items you have lying around your yard, bikes, lawnmowers, garden tools, etc. If you had a shed you can worry less about them getting stolen. It makes your yard less attractive to the would-be thieves too.
5. Cleanliness.They say cleanliness is next to godliness. Well, having a nice clean backyard may not make you more spiritual, but it sure will make your yard more enjoyable if you don’t have random garden tools, toys and other clutter that could be stored in a nice wooden shed.
6. Creativity. Top 10 people on the survey showed that people who own sheds are more likely to be creative. Okay, that wasn’t really from Family Feud, I made it up. But in truth, if you have the space to be creative, you more likely will be.
7. Solitude. Man caves aren’t just for garages anymore. A shed can be a great escape when you want to have some time to yourself, but you can’t leave the family. Turn your shed into a man cave and enjoy some peace and quiet.
8. Value. Having a storage shed can add value to your home. Just in case you’re thinking of selling, having a storage building in your backyard can give your home that added boost in the seller’s market.
9. Sanity. Having a backyard shed can give you peace of mind in many instances. Knowing that all your stuff is locked up and safe during inclement weather, away from thieves and out of the hands of young children makes a person sleep better at night.
10. Life enjoyment. Backyard sheds by themselves don’t necessarily provide any additional life enjoyment. But all the above reasons do, and having all those things in your life sure does make life more enjoyable.
Get your Garage & Backyard Tools Organized Now! There are no Excuses…
If your garage is getting cluttered with tools and other collectibles, don’t wait to make a new year’s resolution of getting things organized. Review online sites and buy a shed.There are many Christmas specials going on right now that will save you hundreds of dollars. Best of all, we offer professional installation, so you don’t even have to worry about working in frigid temperatures.
14 responses to “Top 10 Reasons to Buy a Shed”
Posted by Teresa smith
Looking for a shed to make a home ,,It is only myself ,I liked the mancave because it is finished inside as for as the wiring wall floors ,,I would have to add a wall to make a bedroom and bath ,,I liked the mancave that was a little bigger than the one was showing in the video,,was a brown wood look but the inside was not showing,,But I think that one has been sold now,,Been looking at the Graceland sheds but y’all’s are sooo much nicer,,,Anyway keep me updated with emails please ,,,Blessing and favor of our Lord and savior Jesus,,,thanks Teresa Smith
Posted on June 10, 2014 at 11:19 pm
Posted by Gingerbread girl
I am also looking at buying a shed and converting it into a living space (not just a “she shed”) I’ve seen a few that are large enough to convert into comfortably sized tiny homes. I’m just curious that on a page that seems to be geared toward men that the only commenters are women looking to purchase an economical home. Are you seeing this more often as housing prices skyrocket and cities are not responsive to providing decent affordable housing?
As a single woman I really don’t need much more than a bed, a bath, and a small kitchen; and the whole 3b 2ba American dream has really left single people behind in its quest to sell more, bigger and better. I can’t afford a 70K house and a 70K house is a fixer upper that needs a lot of help.
So anyway, thanks for listening to my rant. Have a nice day and God bless.
Posted on October 3, 2015 at 3:15 am
Posted by bdeitsch
Good Morning Gingerbread Girl,
Yes, since the house market crash back in 2008, we have seen a steady increase in the amount of interest in converting sheds into livable spaces. If you are interested, we have several different sheds that might meet your needs. Feel free to browse our online selection of sheds. We can also help you over the phone, so give us a call at 855-853-8558. Have a great day!
Online Marketing Manager
Posted on October 5, 2015 at 8:35 am
Posted by Kairi Gainsborough
Thanks for the great list of reason to build a shed. I definitely think the biggest benefit is extra storage space, but I hadn’t thought of some of these other perks before. The added safety will be nice, considering our kids are always playing in the backyard. I would feel better knowing that all the yard care chemicals and equipment are locked away. http://www.precisionshedsep.com.au
Posted on May 3, 2016 at 9:00 pm
Posted by Zequek Estrada
I like the reason having a backyard shed can save your sanity. That’s something that hadn’t occurred to me. There are so many things to worry about in life and it’s nice when you don’t have to worry. http://www.toplinegarages.com.au/products/designer-app/
Posted on July 20, 2016 at 6:51 pm
Posted by After Summer: How to Get More From Your Garden All Year Round | Green Thumb Organic Gardening Tips
[…] It gives you a dedicated space where you can do these things. And it’s cheap and easy to get a shed as well, so what are you waiting […]
Posted on August 14, 2017 at 8:34 am
Posted by Oscar O’Malley
I like that you mentioned the level of security a shed can provide for your outdoor belongings. My kids leave stuff out all the time after playing outside. Having a shed for them to place things in and lock up would be great!
Posted on January 3, 2018 at 11:04 am
Posted by Kylie Dotts
It’s interesting how you said that you could turn a farm shed or a shed in general into a place where a man could go to relax and have some focus and quiet time. My husband is definitely one of the guys who likes to go and work with his hands in his spare time. I think this would be something that he would really enjoy, so I’ll have to see how much it would cost and maybe get him one for his birthday.
Posted on January 5, 2018 at 12:12 pm
Posted by Ashley Maxwell
Thanks for mentioning how you should look for a farm shed that is clean and organized. I like how you said that they should also be safe and have the tools locked up. My husband and I are looking into farm sheds for my uncle who is a farmer.
Posted on May 18, 2018 at 10:59 pm
Posted by Dave Anderson
Cleanliness sounds like a great thing to have. If we were to get a shed it would help us stay organized at our home. If construction crews brought around a utility shed with them it would probably help them keep their vehicles more clean and organized.
Posted on October 23, 2018 at 6:18 pm
Posted by Thomas Westgren
I like how you said that a shed can be a good place where you can get a bit of a break from your responsibilities and things. It has been a long time since I have taken a break from what I am doing and I could really use one. My wife and I will have to have a talk and see if we can afford to get a nice shed.
Posted on June 17, 2019 at 2:24 pm
Posted by Eli Richardson
My dad pilled up all his landscape tools in his garage, and now he has no space for his woodwork machines. I liked how you said that a shed will help you to get back to your hobbies. It would be a great idea is he gets himself a shed so he can store his summer equipment.
Posted on August 12, 2019 at 9:02 am
Posted by Jacob Brown
I like how you point out that having a shed to store tools and bikes helps protect them from thieves. My neighbor had his lawnmower stolen recently, which has inspired me to get a shed built for my garden tools. I am going to look for a builder of high-quality sheds in my area.
Posted on November 21, 2019 at 3:31 pm
Posted by Tyson Coolidge
It’s awesome that a storage shed can add value to your home. My brother would like to sell his home in the coming year, and he wants to make sure that it’s worth as much as possible. I’ll share this information with him so that he can look into his options for getting a shed to help with this.
Posted on December 17, 2019 at 9:10 am